Best British Cycling Brands
Updated: 29th Nov 2022
Find below a curated list of our favourite brands and projects from around the isles of Great Britain. It's pretty amazing how many awesome cycling brands we have in the UK.
Friends of English Cyclist
I'm a cycling nerd and have had multiple bikes (the true sign of a cycling fanatic) for 15 years or more. Over that time I've had a lot of stuff, tested it and found what I like, what works and what doesn't.
I've had a few pieces of ShuttVR stuff over the years. From my favourite jacket, bib shorts and jerseys. They've all lasted super well and are a great fit for me. Check out their bundle deals.
Innovate and insanely hardcore (checkout the tests) premium quality locks made in Britain. I liked the look so much I got one for my nice bikes!
British Bikes Brands
- Brompton – The original folding bike
- Boardman – Great value & designed for Britain
- Cotic – Steel MTB & adventure bikes from the Peak District
- Dolan – Road, track and cyclocross bikes
- Enigma Bikes – High-performance titanium bikes
- Factor Bikes – Innovation, speed and performance from Norfolk
- Field Cycles – Custom made steel bikes from Yorkshire
- Forme Bikes – Wide range of performance bikes from the Peak District
- Genesis Bikes – Adventure, Road and Mountain Bikes from England
- Mason – Premium aluminium adventures bikes
- Moulton Bikes – Beautiful small wheeled bicycles hand built in England
- Pashley – England's longest established cycle manufacturer
- Shand Cycles – Sweet steel bikes from Scotland
- Sondor – Mountain, road, adventure travel bikes
- Orange Bikes – UK manufacturer of high performance bikes
- Orro Bikes – Designed and assembled in Sussex
- Ribble Bikes – Versatile good value bikes
- Rourke – Handbuilt custom bikes & frames
- Pearsons – The worlds oldest bike brand and still family run and owned.
- Starling Bikes – Full sus bikes handmade in Bristol
- Woodrup Cycles – Bespoke steel bikes
- Whyte - Great British Bikes
- Velomont - Hand made carbon fibre e-mountain bikes (eMTBs) from Norfolk
British Clothing Brands
- Carradice - Premium saddlebags, panniers and handlebar bags
- Dashel – Cool cycling helmets
- FINDRA – Merino wool performance clothing
- ForceGB – Cycling clothes produced in the UK
- Reynolds England – Vintage styled SPD brogues
- Shutt Velo Rapide – Cycle clothing tailored for the road
- Trakke – Canvas rucksacks & messenger bags
- Velobici – Cycling clothes 100% designed and manufactured in England
- Vulpine – Urban cycling clothes
Upload GPX(s) or connect to Strava and build a map of your most epic rides.
Sportives and Enduros
- Ard Rock – UK's number one mountain enduro bike event
- Dragon Ride – One of the oldest and most iconic sportives in the UK
- L'Etape UK – The official Tour de France Sportive in the UK
- Prudential Ride London - 100 mile closed road race sportive
- Tour of Yorkshire – Great spectator event & sportive
Events (Not Sportives)
- Bespoked UK Handbuilt Bicycle Show
- The National Cycling Show – June at Birmingham NEC.
- The Cycling Show – April at Alexandra Palace London
Holiday & Insurance Companies
- Love Velo – Cycling holidays for cyclists
- Yellow Jersey– Insurance setup just for cyclists
Tech & Accessories Brands
LITELOK – Premium Lightweight Locks made in Britain
- Burgtech – Downhill & Enduro Bike Bits
- Brooks Saddles – Comfortable and long lasting bike saddles
- Chater-Lea – Beautiful Premium Pedals
- Exposure Lights – Awesome lights made in the UK
- Hope Technology – Nice Bike Components
- KAPZ – Custom headset caps
- Royce – British engineered bike porn
- Veloskin – The best chamois cream.. and its made in Great Britain
Frame Building (in the UK)
- Bicycle Academy – £1440 + materials. Froome.
- Bicycles by Design – 1-2-1. £1250 + materials. Shropshire.
- Ellis Briggs – 1-2-1. Leeds
- Geoff Roberts Frames – £1,200 + materials. East Sussex.